Sunday, January 17, 2010

Don't forget about your hoop ...

When I looked at my silk ribbon embroidery piece in progress I wondered why there is all that puckering. Then it dawned on me that I forgot to use my embroidery hoop (again). I pulled out all my hoops from their hidden places and put them next to my working table. I hope that I will not get used to their sight and ask myself, at least now and then, why all those hoops are hanging there.

Beim Betrachten meiner Seidenbändchenstickerei, an der ich gerade arbeite, habe ich mich gefragt, wieso sie solche Falten wirft. Mir ging auf, daß ich (wieder mal) vergessen habe, meinen Stickrahmen zu benutzen. Also habe ich alle Rahmen aus ihren Verstecken hervorgeholt und sie mir direkt neben meinen Arbeitsplatz gehängt. Bleibt nur zu hoffen, daß ich mich an ihren Anblick nicht gewöhne und mich wenigstens gelegentlich frage, warum sie eigentlich da hängen.

No comments: