Sunday, December 5, 2010

UFO finished ...

Today I finished this little Crazy Quilt. Here are the blocks which I did some time ago. I am not really satisfied with them but decided to leave them as they are, documenting what I was able to do at the time I worked them.
Heute habe ich diesen kleinen Crazy Quilt fertiggestellt. Hier sind die Blocks, die ich vor einiger Zeit gemacht habe. Ich bin nicht wirklich zufrieden damit, habe mich aber entschlossen, sie so zu lassen wie sie sind, gewissermaßen als Dokument dessen, was ich seiner Zeit zu tun in der Lage war.



I covered the seams with a few beads and put some lace around the blocks.
Die Nähte habe ich mit einigen Perlen versehen und Spitze um die Blocks genäht.


The fun part: beaded feather stitch.
Der Spaß-Part: Federstich mit Perlen.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

It's lovely! Such a delicate hand in embellishing to add to the whole effect.

shirley said...

Raphaela this is absolutely gorgeous. I just love it.

Penny Berens said...

As lovely as a fresh snowfall.

Annet said...

It's a lovely quilt! Congrats on finishing it.

Deepa said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I see no reason for being dissatisfied with it..IT IS SPLENDID :)

Raphaela said...

Thank you all for your kind comments.